Activities of the Investigation Department:
In accordance with the resolution ratified by the State Great Hural, the Independent Authority Against Corruption was formed with an Investigation Department, conducting activities in inquiry, investigation and detection of corruption crimes.
In pursuant to the law on amendments to the Criminal procedure code approved August 6, 2007 and September 7, 2007, the Investigation Department conducts inquiry and investigation on the basis of received complaints and reports from civilians, business entities and other organizations relating to below mentioned crimes:
- Article 263. Abuse of power by public official
- Article 264. Excess of power by public official
- Article 265. Abuse of power by officials of NGO’s and economic entities
- Article 266. Exceeding of power by officials of NGO’s and economic entities
- Article 268. Receiving of a bribe
- Article 269. Giving of a bribe
- Article 270. Intermediation in bribery
- Article 273. Inappropriate allocation of public funds
- Article 2701. Illicit enrichment
The Investigation Department constantly conducts research on the cause and approach of above mentioned crimes and carries out preventive measures with other departments and divisions of IAAC.